Green packaging design is a design process that takes the environment and resources as the core concepts. Specifically, it refers to selecting appropriate green packaging materials and using green technology to design structural shapes and beautify the products.
Material elements include basic materials (paper materials, plastic materials, glass materials, metal materials, ceramic materials, bamboo materials, leather materials, and other composite materials, etc.) and auxiliary materials (adhesives, coatings, inks, etc.). It is the material basis for realizing the three major functions of packaging (protection, convenience, and sales), and is directly related to the overall function and economic cost of packaging, production and processing methods, recycling and processing of packaging waste, and other issues.
Material selection in green packaging design should follow the following principles:
1. Lightweight, thin, easy to separate, high-performance packaging materials;
2. Recyclable and renewable packaging materials;
3. Edible packaging materials;
4. Biodegradable packaging materials;
5. Natural ecological energy packaging materials developed using natural resources;
6. Try to use paper packaging;
7. Try to use the same material for packaging;
8. Packaged goods should be reusable as much as possible, not just the packaging materials that can be recycled. (For example, standardized pallets can be reused dozens or even thousands of times)
Our company’s bags are all produced from degradable kraft paper, water glue, and water-based ink.
The appearance of packaging is an important aspect of packaging design, and appearance elements include the size and shape of the packaging display surface. If the appearance design is reasonable, packaging materials can be saved, packaging costs can be reduced, and the pressure on environmental protection can be reduced. When considering the appearance elements of packaging design, priority should be given to geometries that save raw materials. Among various geometric bodies, if the volume is the same, the surface area of the sphere is the smallest; for the prism, the surface area of the cube is smaller than the surface area of the cuboid; for the cylinder, when the height of the cylinder is equal to the diameter of the base circle, It has the smallest surface area.
Excellent packaging appearance design should follow the following principles:
1. Combine the characteristics of the product itself and make full use of the formal aesthetic principles of the product appearance elements;
2. Adapt to market demand, carry out accurate market positioning, and create brand personality;
3. Focus on “light, thin, short and small” and avoid excessive packaging, exaggerated packaging, and uselessness;
4. Draw inspiration from nature and use simulation techniques to innovate the design of packaging shapes;
5. Fully consider environmental and ergonomic factors;
6. Actively use new technologies and new materials to design modern packaging shapes;
7. Vigorously develop serialized packaging appearance design.
The bottom of our company’s bags is an integrated oval shape, and the unique shape saves materials and costs.
To truly meet the standards of green packaging, relying solely on the above points is incomplete, and green packaging technology is also needed as a supplement. The technical elements mentioned here include equipment, technology, energy, and technology used in packaging design. The so-called green technology refers to a technical system that can reduce pollution, reduce consumption, control pollution, or improve ecology.
The technical elements of green packaging design include the following points:
1. The processing equipment and energy used must be environmentally friendly and should not produce gas, liquid, light, heat, smell, etc. that are harmful to the environment. The production process pollutes the environment and does not use low-energy-consuming equipment. No toxic or harmful substances are produced during the processing;
2. Strengthen research on detachable packaging design so that consumers can easily disassemble the packaging to environmental protection requirements;
3. Strengthen the research and development of green additives and green inks.
Our company’s bag-making machine is advanced imported equipment, and the printing machine is domestic environmentally friendly equipment. All bags produced by our company are green and pollution-free.